2017 GRAC Scholarship Application
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. is an organization of college educated women committed to the constructive development of its members and to public service with a primary focus on the black community.
Thank you for applying for the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Grand Rapids Alumnae Scholarship. In order to be considered for a scholarship, you must meet the following eligibility criteria listed below and submit all required materials by the deadline. All scholarship applications are reviewed and determined by a scholarship selection committee comprised of non-Delta community members.
1. United States Citizen
2. Earned a 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale
3. Residency in Kent County
a. A senior graduating from a high school in Kent County
b. A sophomore or junior at a college, university or vocational institution
c. A graduate student
4. Accepted or currently enrolled in a two or four year college, university, vocational institution or graduate program
5. Available to participate in a personal interview
1. A completed application form (either by downloading it here or filling out the form below)
2. Two letters of recommendation (select 2 from below):
a. high school counselor or teacher
b. non-profit agency that you have performed community service work within the last two years
c. an individual other than a family member who is familiar with your accomplishments
3. A copy of the letter of acceptance to college, university, vocational institution or graduate program that you plan to attend
4. Official sealed transcript mailed by the high school counselor or university directly to the Grand Rapid's Alumnae Chapter post office box
(must be postmarked by March 13, 2017)
5. A professional resume
6. A typed personal essay: The essay should not exceed three (3) double spaced typewritten pages. This is your opportunity to explain your educational and career goals to the committee. Please include information such as: how this award will help you financially in reaching your potential goals. How has your leadership and past activities had an impact on the global society. How do you plan on sharing your academic success throughout your community? Please note, some awards are career pathway specific and require a particular declared major or mention of a proposed major, i.e. education, fine/performing arts, healthcare, etc.
7. One wallet size headshot photo and signed photo release form.
Submission & Deadline
Completed application packets must be submitted by mail only. Mailed packets must include all required materials in one single envelope, postmarked by March 13, 2017. Mail all materials to:
Grand Rapids Alumnae Chapter
Attn: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 7066
Grand Rapids, MI 49510
Please download application to print, or fill it out below. Additional materials (see above) must be sent by mail. Thank you.